Welcome to the MSDW Podcast, I'm Jason Gumpert, editor at MSDynamicsWorld.com. On this episode I talk with Eric Kimberling of Third Stage Consulting. As an independent advisor, Eric keeps his eye on multiple ERP solutions and vendors, so he sees the ERP selection and deployment process from a unique angle. We discuss the competitiveness of Dynamics 365 solutions compared to other vendors' cloud solutions, trends in project planning, and how buyers are dealing with their legacy IT investments in today's marketplace.
- How do customers figure out whether they are ready for a cloud solution?
- How is the marketplace taking to the Dynamics 365 cloud value prop?
- Why are companies taking an incremental approach to cloud ERP, rather than lift-and-shift?
- Is Microsoft's pursuit of new ERP business vs upgrading existing customer base similar to its competitors?
- Choosing between SAP S4/HANA and D365FO – risk, scope, flexibility, speed, and more.
- Navigating multi-cloud and hybrid IT ecosystems.
- Why Eric has been cautious on jumping on the cloud bandwagon.