Microsoft MVP and Dynamics 365/CRM expert Gus Gonzalez has charted his own path to serving customers. And while the six-time MVP’s knows that some of his choices are a little unconventional, like his willingness to take on fixed-fee projects at the firm he founded, Elev8 Solutions.
But Elev8's work is grounded in years of experience around what works for Dynamics customers and partners on projects. On this MSDW Podcast, we discuss Gus’s experience in the field, his decision to found Elev8, the Microsoft MVP program Gus's own CRM MVP Podcast, and the Dynamics 365 roadmap.
- 1:30 - The origins of Gus’s career in CRM;
- 5:30 – Why Elev8 Solutions is different than past CRM firms Gus has worked at;
- 7:15 – How to identify CRM customers with the right characteristics for success;
- 13:30 - On saying no to customers – before or during a project;
- 16:00– What happens when a prospective customer’s culture is not there?
- 22:00 – Training partners on Dynamics 365/CRM
- 26:00 – Do consultants utilize the available learning resources (like Dynamics Learning Portal)?
- 30:00 – Why all your consultants should aim for Dynamics 365 certification
- 32:15 – Should more CRM pro's go for MVP status?
- 33:30 – What pushes MVPs to achieve and maintain their title?
- 36:30 – The wrong and right way to try to reach MVP status
- 45:00 – Things that MVP could change, in Gus’s view
- 50:00 – Dynamics 365 technology of interest in 2017 and beyond (professional services, LinkedIn, and more)