The technology needs of today's deskless worker reflect the pressures they face in their day-to-day work experiences. On this episode we are looking at the mobile capabilities that deskless workers are taking advantage of today and how various tech advances suit different roles.
Our guest, Trevor Metcalf of Resco, shares his perspective on the wide range of organizations investing in new solutions for field workers and how they prioritize those requirements to deliver solutions that are optimized for different scenarios, from humanitarian work to retail to travel and leisure.
And Trevor shares some interesting perspective on the future of mobile solutions. More organizations are coming around to the idea that entire workforces can embrace mobile solutions, he says, allowing them to design a future that in some cases is completely free of desktop interfaces.
- 1:15 - What is the macro view for deskless worker experiences today?
- 3:00 - Employers' pressure to deliver positive workforce engagement
- 4:30 - How do you define the deskless workforce today?
- 7:30 - Where are the next mobile tech opportunities for workers?
- 10:30 - Why deskless workers need tailored solutions that aren't generic
- 12:30 - Resco client stories that reflect typical needs for various types of organizations
- 16:30 - How to design for the workers' needs
- 18:00 - Why starting small on new mobile capabilities is a smart approach in many cases
- 19:00 - Why today's mobile solutions can stand on their own, without a desktop interface for the back office
- 23:45 - Planning for Resco.connect 2022
A message from Resco:
Join Resco on June 9th, 2022 in Charleston, SC at Resco.connect 2022 to share ideas & spark debates around deskless workers.
Explore the agenda and secure your tickets while they last!
We’re Resco, one of the global leaders in developing cross-platform mobile software solutions. We enable companies to collect, access, share and evaluate vital business data in the field.
Today, Resco products mobilize over 200,000 licensed users at 2000+ corporate customers worldwide and are supported by a network of 600+ partners.
If you want to learn more about Resco, visit: https://www.resco.net