Mariano Gomez is a Microsoft Dynamics GP expert, but he has also been focusing on the Power Platform for some time – not only learning for his own work but creating walkthroughs, demos, and presentations for the community. And he is often able to tie those Power Platform findings back to GP, as he is doing in a new three-part video series on Power Automate and its new (still in preview) UI flows tool.
On this episode, Mariano discusses his findings from working on a range of Power Platform scenarios, how it impacts his day job as director of technology services at Mekorma, and the implications of these new tools on ownership of older ERPs.
- 2:00 – Ways the GP community can make use of Power Platform
- 3:30 – What to be caution about with preview products from Microsoft
- 6:00 – Breaking down Power Automate use cases into practical steps
- 9:00 – Looking at the business user's perspective on Power Platform
- 11:00 – How to talk to both developers and business users
- 13:00 – How could the desktop automation aspect of Power Automate and other RPA solutions change the outlook of GP solution owners for technical modernization?
- 17:30 – Why it is valuable to show customers more than one way to use Power Platform to achieve similar automation goals.
- 22:45 – Why GP users might find Power Automate a better option than GP macros for automating repetitive activities.
- 26:00 – Will Power Platform serve as a preferred area of investment for GP customers over ERP upgrade or migration?
- 31:00 – How Mekorma is incorporating elements of the Power Platform into their product development and internal operations.
- 37:30 – What Mariano would like to see improved next in the Power Platform
- 39:00 – Why Teams is so important to the future of business applications