Lipi Sarkar joins us to talk about the new book Building a Digital Future: The Transformational Blueprint for Innovating with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Lipi and co-author Vinnie Bansal wanted to investigate how organizations have invested in Dynamics 365 solutions to meet strategic goals and what others can learn from those experiences. Unlike a lot of books in the Microsoft technology space, this one is written for executives, not developers or IT professionals, though anyone with an interest in management and strategic planning could benefit from its findings.
The book is available on May 25, and you can order it with a 10% discount from Book Depository or from your local Amazon site (without a discount).
- 1:30 - Why write a new book focused on Dynamics 365?
- 3:30 - Is the term "digital transformation" still valid in today's landscape?
- 5:00 - What inspired the authors to write the book, and how the pandemic has influenced the findings
- 8:45 - What customers told the authors about projects that were executed while the pandemic was unfolding
- 10:30 - The dilemmas faced by of those seeking a transformative change
- 13:30 - Has conventional wisdom on transformative technology evolved?
- 18:00 - More findings from Dynamics 365 case studies featured in the book
- 20:00 - How Power Platform is changing the nature of business application investments
- 22:00 - Thoughts on deciding to take on the challenge of authoring this book