As the pandemic drags on, the Microsoft business applications community is finding a new and evolving ways to connect. The DynamicsCon virtual event began in 2020 and will run for the second time in March. To learn more about how it began and what is going into the next event, we talked to the founder, Jon Stypula. MSDW is a media sponsor of the event and we wanted to discuss both the event has developed and where Jon hopes it will go in the future.
- 4:45 - Deciding to provide a professional level of production for DynamicsCon, including funding through sponsors.
- 8:30 - Why to maintain transparency in the event's planning and organization, including with session selection.
- 10:30 - Why the DynamicsCon is aiming to make the speaker lineup a mix of veterans and newcomers.
- 17:30 - Microsoft's role in the community and event landscape these days, and why Jon believes they do not appear to be interested in overall community management.
- 27:45 - Updates to the attendee experience
- 30:30 - How virtual events have opened up accessibility to much of in-person events' value and how they will continue to change
- 35:45 - How DynamicsCon has changed from the first event to the upcoming second event
- 39:00 - How partners and customers work together differently with Power Platform and other tech compared to Dynamics
- 42:00 - Microsoft's mixed reality solutions, from Dynamics 365 apps to HoloLens 2 more generally
- 48:50 - More on what to expect from DynamicsCon