After an eventful week at Directions North America, Steve Mordue of RapidStart CRM joins us to look back at the impact of some key announcements for partners, especially those who sell Microsoft Dynamics 365 customer experience apps. Since this episode was recorded, Microsoft has clarified even more of its Dynamics 365 ERP and CRM application plans, while keeping most elements of the plan essentially on track.
- 2:15 - How is Microsoft going to market now?
- 5:00 - How partners will adapt to changes in Microsoft’s enterprise software model.
- 7:00 – Dynamics 365 Sales app – what we know about the two tiers
- 10:00 – Reviewing CRM executive Q&A session at Directions NA
- 17:00 – Where is the CRM strategy sitting today?
- 19:00 – Will ERP and CRM apps move forward in closer alignment, including with Common Data Service (CDS).
- 20: 15 – Will Dynamics evolve as a platform play with CDS? With XRM? With NAV?
- 27:30 – Microsoft’s challenge of encouraging product-focused partners to sell the full suite
- 37:45 – Why SaaS Dynamics offerings will eclipse on-premises
- 45:00 – The timing issues between in-person conferences and Microsoft’s software planning cycles