Is digital transformation “The end of ERP software as we know it”?
Panorama Consulting’s Eric Kimberling joins us to talk about his company’s report Everything You Need to Know About Digital Transformation, which makes that bold claim.
No, ERP is not going obsolete; it essential to digital transformation, but just a piece of the puzzle.
Kimberling joins MSDynamicsWorld Editor Jason Gumpert to explore:
- Why digital strategies are driven by an overarching business strategies versus IT’s need to upgrade current systems.
- When ERP upgrades are the right choice.
- Which industries have no choice but to make a digital transformation? (Hint: Can brick-and-mortar retailers compete with Amazon without deeply-integrated CRM and e-commerce?)
- Why the global manufacturing environment practically mandates a transformation.
- How intelligence, not tools, is the aim of any digital transformation.
- How Microsoft leads in completeness of vision.