On this episode we talk with John Silvani, President & CEO of Gravity Software. John wrote an article for MSDW in 2018 describing his experience running a SaaS ERP business built originally on Dynamics CRM Online and now on the Common Data Service and the Power platform. We talk about the evolution of Gravity's partnership with Microsoft, his thoughts on the evolution of CDS and the Power platform, and advice for other businesses looking to use Microsoft's business solutions ecosystem as their platform of choice.
- 1:20 – John's background in the Microsoft channel
- 3:15 – Formalizing xRM and the decision to build on it.
- 4:30 – Why doing xRM with all custom entities
- 7:00 – How ISVs are adapting to licensing and product changes for PowerApps and CDS-based solutions
- 12:00 – Managing the ISV relationship with Microsoft as an ERP vendor: cooperating vs competing
- 17:00 – Expanding an ISV offering and ecosystem with platform tools like Flow
- 20:45 – Gravity's channel building efforts. And advice to other prospective Microsoft partners.
- 24:40 – What to watch from Microsoft in 2019
- 26:00 – Trends from partners and buyers to watch for in 2019