The MVP collaboration known as PowerISV is all about the business opportunities of Microsoft's Power platform - PowerApps, Power BI, Flow, and the Common Data Service. On this episode we talk with two members of the group, Mark Smith, aka nz365guy, and returning guest Steve Mordue, to discuss why the group got together, what value they provide, and who needs to understand the opportunity for developing solutions on Microsoft's still-emerging cloud application infrastructure.
- 3:00 – Why do partners need to start understanding the Power platform as a product platform
- 4:40 – What kinds of questions are SIs and ISVs asking today?
- 7:30 – Tracking Microsoft's product and partnership decisions and how that will impact companies building against the Power platform ecosystem.
- 9:40 – The biggest mistakes that ISV partners are making today
- 11:45 – What is solid today? Where do we know it will be in the near future? And where do we think it will be farther down the road?
- 14:00 – Why connectors are a huge part of the future opportunity.
- 17:00 – What partners need to understand about the freedom of building standalone on the Power platform rather than starting with Microsoft first party apps.
- 21:00 – Why you might bet that the platform will win out over Microsoft's first party apps over the long term.
- 25:00 – What is the future of ISV solutions built atop the first party D365 apps?
- 30:30 – Why Microsoft's efforts with Power platform recruitment are different from past initiatives to lure ISV investment.
- 34:45 – Why the citizen developer is a huge part of the story.
- 41:30 – Why partners struggle with change management as much as their clients
- 46:00 – Why AppSource could be so much more than it is today
- 50:30 – The importance of learning to "work the system" as a Microsoft partner in order to be successful